Lago Innovation Fund
LAGO Innovation Fund supports the founders and investors of high-growth disruptive companies through bespoke, term loan-based credit facilities and equity co-investments. LAGO typically provides $3 - $30MM of capital to fuel the growth of emerging leaders in diverse sectors such as software, techenabled services, eCommerce, food and beverage, gaming, health + wellness, online marketplaces and need-based consumer products. LAGO structures its founder-friendly investments to provide incremental, longer-term investable capital to drive market penetration and ultimately the value of the enterprise.
Host Job Responsibilities
I network VC Funds, Growth Stage PE Funds, and Entrepreneurs in the innovation economy to invest in their companies with debt instruments and equity. My responsibilities include sourcing prospective opportunities, making investment decisions prospects, overseeing the underwriting and legal documentation process, and managing the portfolio account post-close.
About the Externship
For the DelEx, I would prepare a slide deck as a guide for our conversation that covers the following themes:
- Advice for college and how to prepare for the job hunt (network, resume boosting, interview process)
- Explain how a candidate should evaluate job opportunities for the right fit (culture, work-life balance, advancement)
- Discuss what I do as a lender and the different roles at lending institutions (sales, underwriting, portfolio management, operations)
- Discuss at a high level different types of debt facilities on the credit spectrum (very high level, not too detailed, but want to share so when kids see a posting for a debt fund, they have an idea what they do)
- Talk about being in a sales/customer facing role and how it is important to present yourself professionally in the work environment
- End the conversation by sharing what I do in the venture debt world and some cool deals that I have come across that they should be familiar with, what they like about it/why