- Provide a nurturing learning environment for the student.
- Provide each student with a safe workplace environment, free from harassment and abuse.
- Model appropriate behavior throughout the externship.
- Promote responsible student behavior.
- Under no circumstances consume illegal drugs or alcohol while a conference is underway.
- Contact a DelEX administrator as soon as possible in the event of any change in plans.
Suggestions for Zoom Sessions
Present a slide deck
Lead a panel with other professionals
Invite other Delbarton alumni from your workplace to join the session
Share graphics and charts
Conduct interactive Q&A sessions
Assign tasks during the session (i.e. ask students to write down as many Walmart competitors they can name in a minute)
Assign tasks prior to the session (i.e. read through an annual report, prepare questions for the host)
Split a large group up into breakout rooms
We strongly encourage each host to:
- Spend ample time talking about his/her career path.
- Spend limited time talking about company information that is readily available on its website.
- Limit time promoting the company.
- Clearly state his/her role in the company.
- Walk students through a typical day.
- Avoid industry jargon unless it is carefully explained. Keep the information high level and drill down during Q&A if necessary.
- Orient the presentation around students’ questions (to be submitted via email by June 13).
Questions to consider as you prepare
- When you were in high school, what were your career aspirations?
- What advice would you give your high school self?
- What were the drivers behind your current career path?
- What advice would you give students regarding the Delbarton Network and how to utilize it?