DelEX hosts are committed to the vision, mission, and philosophy of Delbarton School. The DelEX host will:
- Provide a nurturing learning environment for the student.
- Exercise general and positive supervision over each student.
- Provide each student with a safe workplace environment, free from harassment and abuse.
- Act in loco parentis and carry all the rights and obligations of the parent while a student is present.
- Model appropriate behavior throughout the externship.
- Promote responsible student behavior.
- Under no circumstances consume illegal drugs or alcohol while a student is present.
- Provide lunch for the student.
- Commit at least 15 minutes with each student to prep before his externship via phone call. This can be coordinated as a group call if an externship consists of more than one student.
- Commit at least 8 hours to the externship.
- Not transport a student without express consent from his parent.
- Contact the parent and a DelEX administrator in the event of an emergency situation.