The Delbarton Externship Program (“DelEX”) creates an opportunity for rising seniors to connect with alumni and parents, explore career opportunities, and extend learning beyond school boundaries.
- Selected alumni and parents of alumni in private enterprise or public service offer brief training programs to students at the end of the school year (typically late May and June).
- Students “shadow” hosts during the program, sit in on meetings, work on projects, and network with professionals.
- DelEX is an opportunity for students to get a first-hand view of a professional environment, a typical workday, and real-life challenges.
- March 1: Student “Opt In” registration opens
- March 22: Student “Opt In” registration ends
- April 17: Host applications due
- April 23: Host portal open
- May 2: Deadline for completing Preferences form
- May 6: Coaching session for all accepted externs
- May 10: Matching completed
- May 10: Externs and hosts initiate contact
- May 20: Externships begin
- July 8: Externships end