The Delbarton Externship Program (“DelEX”) creates an opportunity for rising seniors to connect with alumni and parents, explore career opportunities, and extend learning beyond school boundaries.
- Selected alumni and parents of alumni in private enterprise or public service offer brief training programs to students at the end of the school year (typically late May and June).
- Students “shadow” hosts during the program, sit in on meetings, work on projects, and network with professionals.
- DelEX is an opportunity for students to get a first-hand view of a professional environment, a typical workday, and real-life challenges.
Key 2020 Dates
- March 27: Student “Opt In” registration begins.
- April 8: Deadline for student “Opt In” and parent consent forms.
- April 8: Host application registration begins.
- April 20: Host profiles available on the website.
- May 1: Deadline for students to complete preferences form, indicating their top three externship choices.
- May 18, 6:00pm-8:00pm in the FAC: Coaching session for students (mandatory) and hosts (optional). At this event, externships will be announced.
- May 18 – June 3: Student-host contact period.
- June 3: Externships begin.
- July 3: Externships end.